Weekly Tao Yoga Spring class in Oxford
Wednesdays 10am - 11.10am
NEW: Wednesdays 6.30pm class starts on 27th October and the Monday 9am class starts on 1st November - 65 minutes each
Learn yoga in a slow-pace with aspects of the ancient Taoist traditions.
- We focus on proper alignment and mental repose. Devoting more time to a posture, which naturally decreases stress and encourages relaxation. The longer you hold a pose, the more time your muscles and connective tissues have to relax and lengthen.
- This improves flexibility, supports muscle development and helps open up areas around the joints that are difficult to access (i.e. hips and lower back).
- Also, since it’s easier to let the mind wander during periods of physical stillness, slow yoga classes provide an opportunity to practice deep concentration while focusing on inhalations and exhalations.
- The class finishes with a 5 - 8 minute meditation. You can sit upright on a chair or cross-legged on your mat or lie down on the floor.
Yoga blocks and yoga straps are provided:
- Yoga blocks can support to stay longer in a posture and relax deeper. It's very good for the cross-legged posture.
- Yoga straps are helpful to get a better stretch or help beginners to be able to do some postures.
For all fitness levels - I will offer modified as well as advanced options.
When possible bring a Yoga mat.
Tuition fee: 8 weeks $85 or $15 casual. Booking is essential.
The advanced class is booked out, but you can be on the waiting list or start with the beginner class. I will offer more advanced options, when this is required.
Venue: Town Hall, backroom, Main Street, Oxford
The evening class will restart on 27th October.
Wednesdays at 6.30pm (60 minutes)
All Yoga classes offer a sun salutation sequence, with different difficulty levels.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Click here and "Get-started". Find the 10-page intro on the right side bar
For more info click here